Who Is Jesus Christ?
We believe that Jesus Christ died on a cross to pay the penalty for sin. He was buried, rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and remains a living Saviour for those who place their faith in him. Only through Jesus Christ, God’s own Son, can we know peace with God and a new, worthwhile life now and for eternity.
Jesus himself said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No-one comes to the Father except by Me”.
What we believe
1) We believe in the Divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and in its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2) We believe in One God eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3) We believe that Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that he is both God and Perfect Man. Also that all his teachings and sayings are true.
4) We believe in the universal sinfulness of fallen man, making him subject to God’s condemnation.
5) We believe in the substitutionary sacrifice of the Incarnate Son of God as the sole and all sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
6) We believe in the justification of the sinner by the Sovereign grace of God alone, through faith in Christ Crucified and risen from the dead.
7) We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, is now ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the Right Hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
8) We believe in the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that his return to this earth will be both visible and personal.
9) We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who came from the Father and the Son; and that he speaks by the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. Also that He, the Holy Spirit, lives in the heart and life of the believer.
10) We believe in the divine institution of the Lord’s Supper and the Baptism of Believers.
11) We believe in the Priesthood of all true believers, who together form the universal church, the Body of which Jesus Christ is the Head, and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.